Welcome to my “Contact” page! There are a few reasons that I can think of for why you may have ended up here:
- You just really wanted to say hello (which is always welcome)
- You have a question about starting a blog
- You are stuck and need help getting your blog installed
All of these are perfectly good reasons to contact me, and I am happy to help.
Have a Problem? I'm Happy to Help
- I have been setting up WordPress sites since 2007, and have installed many. I've made my own themes and I've also made several plugins. So, I'm pretty good at this stuff.
- I have been working with PHP and MySQL (the platform that WordPress runs on) for over 15 years now. So technical questions are great.
- I truly enjoy seeing people start their own websites. I do get a commission when someone purchases hosting from my site (to help maintain the site), but you certainly don't need do that to get help from me. I don't mind if you already have hosting or want to set up a free blog. I am more than happy to help.
I usually try to answer right away if possible, but definitely within 2 business days.
Also, feel free to message me on on twitter @badijones with questions.
Like the contact form?
If you like this form, were wondering how you could get one on yours site, then read on. It's super easy.
This form is called Contact Form 7. You can read all about it here. It is easiest to install from the Plugins page in your WordPress Dashboard.
- Navigate to your WordPress Dashboard and Click on the “Plugins” link on the left
- Click the link at the top that says “Add new”
- Search for “Contact Form 7” and click the “Install now” link/ button for it.
- Go back to your Plugins page
- Look thru the list of installed plugins. Find “Contact form 7” in the list, and click its “Settings” link.
- Click on the Edit link under the new form that was just generated for you.
- Add or remove fields in the first box. Enter your email address that you'd like messages sent to in the second section, “Mail”. Just make sure you have the email you want to use in the “To” field.
- When you're done there, just go back up to the top and click Save. Copy the Shortcode snippet – it Looks someting like this:
[contact-form-7 id="408" title="Contact form 1"]
- If you don't already have a page to put it on, you can just make a page called “Contact” or “Contact us” and paste the Shortcode snippet in the content of the page.
- That's it! Enjoy your new contact form!